|Job Title||EMS Recruiter*|
|Location||Naperville, IL*||*Position is based out of Naperville, IL|
General Summary: The EMS Recruiter is responsible for developing and implementing effective recruiting strategies and practices to source, attract, screen, recruit and select high quality EMT-Basics, EMT-Intermediates and EMT-Paramedics.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Required travel between recruiting locations, various networking events, and with crews for obtaining additional recruiting knowledge.
- Manages recruiting needs by maintaining Company’s on line Application Tracking System.
- Establishes recruiting requirements in cooperation with the organization’s staffing plans and local management initiatives.
- Builds candidate list through social media, online media (job boards), local colleges, state employment agencies, CandidateCare database and various internet sites.
- Determines applicant requirements by studying job descriptions and job qualifications.
- Evaluates candidates by reviewing a candidate’s qualifications and applicable licensure / certification; comparing job requirements with a consistent set of job related qualifications.
- Aggressively identifies quality target candidates and converts to interview stage by coordinating local manager schedules; arranging applicant schedules; serving as a liaison between local managers and candidates.
- Initiates Conditional Offers of Employment to applicable candidates utilizing structured Company wage scales.
- Works with HR Generalist to onboard new employees by reviewing candidate background checks, drug screen results, and ensuring each employee completes company mandated new hire documentation, training, policies and practices.
- Avoids legal challenges by understanding current national and local employment regulations. As well, ensuring that each candidate is evaluated through a consistent and fair process.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities Required:
Minimum Education: High School diploma or GED required. Associates Degree preferred
Minimum Work Experience: At least 2 years recruiting experience. EMS Recruiting preferred.
Contact With Others: Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Requires energetic and magnetic personality, is a good listener, enthusiastic about EMS opportunities.
Analytical Demands: Ability to analyze candidates to determine skills, job interest, and cultural fit. Ability to understand job descriptions and management needs. Must be able to quickly review applications and resumes with a sense of urgency.
Certification, Licensure, Registration: Valid state driver’s license required. EMT-B or P preferred.
Physical Effort: The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Must be able to take charge, work with minimal supervision and withstand considerable sitting while performing the duties of the job. The employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works most of the time in an inside office and non-smoking environment, with other members of the corporate office staff. Periodic travel is required.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The candidate may be working regularly with confidential personnel information. Must have the ability to maintain composure and tact in stressful situations. Must possess the ability to communicate effectively in writing, verbally, and through telephone communications and maintain a high degree of integrity.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Equipment Used: Basic computer literacy including Microsoft office, the use of search engines, social media, word processing, spreadsheets, browser basics and common keyboard commands.
Reports to: Corporate VP of Human Resources
The above primary job duties and responsibilities describe the level and nature of work performed by the employees assigned to this job. The description should not be construed as an exhaustive listing of all job duties and responsibilities performed by this job.
*Community EMS utilizes Direct Deposit for compensation. As a condition of employment, all employees must designate a financial institution equipped to accept direct deposits and the number of the account into which the deposit is to be made.